Technical (tec) diving means going beyond recreational scuba diving limits. But, tec divers will tell you that it’s really about the challenge and adventure of exploring places that no one else has ever seen. Tec diving is not for everyone, but it does attract experienced divers who want to go beyond their current limits and are willing to accept the added risks, training, investment and commitment it demands. If this is you, then PADI TecRec courses are your ticket to extreme adventure.
Technical scuba diving involves going beyond recreational scuba diving limits and includes one or more of the following:
- Diving beyond 40 metres/130 feet
- Required stage decompression
- Diving in an overhead environment beyond 40 linear metres/130 linear feet of the surface
- Accelerated decompression and/or the use of variable gas mixtures during the dive
- Use of extensive equipment and technologies